- Local Newstalk: Bland family files lawsuit; Petitions seek federal probe
- National: Obama unveils plan to fight climate change; Black kids experience post-recession gains
- Entertainment: ‘Fantastic Four’ debuts with Michael B. Jordan
- Business: SBA lending limit raised to $23 billion; Things to know about paying by smartphone
- Jackson Lee meets with Nigerian officials; Pastors sue Mayor Parker
- Center Fold: Ferguson one year later; Opinions vary on what has changed; How is Ferguson different today?
- Tax-free weekend Aug. 7-9- 10 back-to-school shopping tips
- Opinion: I am Sandra Bland
- Pro & College Sports: Texans begin second year of ‘camp’ O’Brien’
- High School Sports: Local kids overcome swimming fear factor
- Miss PVAMU begins dialogue through letters; UH offering online MSW
- Top Events: ‘Forget Me Not’ production; Capital One Bank “Read Fulton Read”; Urgent Psych Care Blazers & Bowties
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.