- Local Newstalk: Prairie View renames road after Bland; Coleman questions DPS stops; Back to school
- National: Farrakhan focuses on Oct. march, economics; Louis Stokes remembered as political pioneer
- Awareness of cancer in kids encouraged; MD Anderson building new outpatient center
- Entertainment: Prime time for Loretta Devine
- Center Fold: Hurricane Katrina: 10 years later; Thoughts on New Orleans; New Orleans residents reflect, reunite
- Opinion: LeBron James gives kids a chance
- Pro & College Sports: TSU Tigers have no restrictions in 2015
- High School Sports: Kalyn Greer does it all for Austin H.S. volleyball
- Business: Black chamber, auto dealers sign agreement; Improve your business credit scores
- Top Events: National Association of Real Estate Brokers Welcome Reception; World Youth Foundation Leadership Conference; Diamonds And Pearls Hair Cut Charity
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.