- Local Newstalk: Free summer meals for youth; Texas gets $750 million from BP
- National: LAPD investigates Cosby amid deposition; S.C. Senate votes to remove Confederate flag
- Entertainment: Misty Copeland makes ballet history
- Center Fold: Push for More Money; High minimum wage sought; Ways to raise pay
- CDC awards agencies funding to combat HIV
- Black women fastest growing business owners
- Pro & College Sports: Justise comes to Miami-Heat couldn’t be happier with Winslow
- Top Events: TSU Angelou stamp unveiling; Who’s Who in Black Houston reception; Judge George Hanks swearing-in.
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.