- Local Newstalk: Deltas convene in Houston July 23-29; National TSU alumni meet in Houston
- National: Obama calls for criminal justice reform; New NNPA Chair-Black newspapers will ‘flex muscles’; Garner family seeks justice despite settlement
- Take simple steps to grow your savings
- Entertainment: Jada Pinkett Smith fights human trafficking
- Special Health Edition: Eye Care: Focus on good vision; 10 vision facts; Things to know about eye cancer; Eye disorders in children;
- Texas Children’s Hospital-Hurricane preparedness 101; Dangers of leaving kids in hot cars; Center Fold: Best practices for correcting eyesight; Eye cares do’s & don’ts; About eye care professionals; MD Anderson Cancer Center-Take action now to reduce cancer risks; Memorial Hermann- Addressing mental health in the Houston region; Kelsey-Seybold-Type 2 diabetes skyrockets among kids, teens
- NBUF members seek empowerment, justice
- A&M to open engineering academy at HCC; County schools receive afterschool funding
- Pro & College Sports: Former Oiler gives back through foundation
- Top Events: Career & Recovery Resources luncheon; Children at Risk luncheon; National Black United Front convention
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.