- Local Newstalk: Houston Rallies for Bland, seeks answers; Former Varnett School officials indicted
- National: Clinton accepts blame for excessive sentences; Lynch tells NAACP ‘our work is not finished’
- Jazz festival celebrates 25 years; Copeland comes to Houston
- Entertainment: Black heritage festival debuts Aug. 1
- Center Fold: Blacks & Alzheimer’s- Awareness research top priorities; Black clinical trial participants needed; Facts & figures; Play ‘Forget Me Not’ comes to Houston
- MD Anderson ranked No. 1 cancer hospital; UH receives bonds for Sugar Land expansion
- Pro & College Sports: Sumlin’s A&M Aggies gearing up for season
- High School Sports: PV coaches’ group thrives
- Top Events: Community Alzheimer’s Luncheon; Reshonda Tate Billingsley Book Signing; Ovide Duncantell Roast & Toast
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.