- Local Newstalk: Houston houses homeless veterans; County reaches $400,000 settlement with inmates
- National: NAACP report finds retail industry inequality; FCC chair seeks to subsidize broadband access
- Metro welcomes board members
- Entertainment: ‘Braxton Family Values’ returns to TV
- Center Fold: Wanted-Juvenile Justice Reform; Texas urged to help youth in system; Coalition offers solutions
- TSU receives $900, 000 grant; HISD offers free summer meals
- Leland Prep celebrates inaugural graduation
- Pro & College Sports: HBO’s ‘Hard Knocks’ coming to Houston
- High School Sports: Clear Creek’s Equivel aces dress rehearsal
- Top Events: YWCA Outstand Women’s Luncheon; Defender & Kelsey-Seybold Business Luncheon; Community of Faith Church and Boy Scouts of America Good Gang Celebration
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.