- Local Newstalk: Plans shared for new schools; Boot camp grads financially fit
- National: Blacks want McKinney pool incident probed; South Carolina officer indicted for murder
- Entertainment: Marlon Wayans hosts ‘I Can Do That’
- Students receive foundation scholarships
- Center Fold: Legislative session pluses & minuses; State Rep. Turner details session’s results; Lawmakers Ellis, Reynolds cite progress, failures
- Opinion: Justice is not blind; Texas Black business: ‘Back to the Future’
- Juneteenth: Leaders reflect on milestone; 19 things to know about Juneteenth; Schedule of events
- Study gains insight into small businesses
- Pro & College Sports: Williams captures French Open
- High School Sports: Baseball is McElroy family tradition
- Top Events: TSU honors Hillary Clinton; Party 4 Poetry fundraiser; TLLG Self-Empowerment Walk
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.