- Local Newstalk: Sports world mourns; Hope Academy contract terminated-Cofield committed to education
- Black lawyers will honor three Houstonians
- National: Rawlings-Blake leads mayors’ organization; NAACP announces march from Selma to D.C.
- Entertainment: Brian Courtney Wilson releases album, start initiative
- Center Fold: Charleston Church Murders-Racism Runs Deep, Black leaders speak out; Nine lives lost; Dylann Roof- Mindset of a killer
- Pro & College Sports: Countdown to Texans’ training camp
- Defender wins four NNPA Merit Awards
- Jack & Jill hosts children’s gala
- Top Events: 100 Black Men Block Party; Fabric of a Woman Reception; JSU Houston Alumni Gala
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.