- Local Newstalk: Report card grading Grier; Houston principal recognized by DeGeneres show
- National: Cleveland deals with protests, police reform; Baltimore’s 100th homicide prompts concern
- Entertainment: Smith and family star on TBS
- Victory Prep stresses success, encouragement
- Center Fold: Fixing Broken Relationships; Maintain good mental health
- Opinion: ‘Stupid’ infrastructure neglect; HISD’s accountability: Let your voice be heard
- PVAMU co-sponsors construction academy; Resources can help youngsters manage money
- Pro & College Sports: TSU’s Walker a Baltimore Raven
- High School Sports: Kingwood’s Marshall completes rare triple
- Top Events: As One Foundation Water Gala Charity Auction; Reality Star Quad Webb-Lunceford Celebrates Birthday; Lemonade Day Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.