- Local Newstalk: Bland family seeks dash cam video; UT plans Houston expansion, minority rule; Sunnyside community gets TIRZ
- National: University of Missouri wins victory over racial turmoil; Joyner foundation offers full scholarship
- Cornel West on Obama, Black Lives Matter
- Entertainment: Alice Walker reflects on ‘The Color Purple’
- Center Fold: Ben Carson on Black issues; Presidential candidate reveals agenda
- Pro & College Sports: NFL diversity takes hit as season evoles
- High School Sports: State football title roads lead to Houston
- Palm Center market, garden transform community; Green visits New Orleans, commends Houston
- Top Events: HMSDC Expo Luncheon; LINKS Leadership Summit; Change Happens Fall Luncheon
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.