- Local Newstalk: Houstonians urged to buy Black for holidays; TSU opens health science complex; Verna Reece dead at 62
- National: Blacks in Minneapolis protest police shooting; More African-American agents needed in CIA
- Entertainment: Kirk Franklin releases ‘Losing My Religion’
- Opinion: Republicans ignore Black people
- Treasury Dept. launches retirement account; HISD CFO wins national award
- Pro & College Sports: Cougars’ comeback win keeps them undefeated
- High School Sports: Brantley gives clutch performance for C.E. King
- Food: Whip up a holiday menu
- Top Events: Texas Executive Women Luncheon; Spouses of Houston Barristers Gala; DLW Foundation Scholarship Gala
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.