- Local Newstalk: Ronald Lewis named new city attorney; Victims’ Rights Week observed; Locke will run for commissioner; Yates students get media tips
- National: President Obama grants clemency to 61 inmates; Supreme Court upholds ‘one-person, one-vote’
- Entertainment: Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater returns
- Center Fold: Mayor Sylvester Turner, the first 90 days; Houston’s leader keeps hectic schedule; 8 Things you don’t know about Mayor Turner
- Minority supplier council names president; Boykins addresses gang injunction
- Opinion: Texans play role in Social Security benefit fix
- Pro & College Sports: Astros the team to beat in AL West
- High School Sports: Tatum helps Madison close in on playoffs
- Top Events: Houston Black Restaurant Week; For The Sake of Art Kick Off; Port City Links Health Fair
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.