- Local Newstalk: Summer youth jobs program kicks off; HISD breaks ground on Booker T. Washington HS
- National: Carson doesn’t want role in GOP administration; Sotomayor says diversity needed on Supreme Court
- TIRR wheelchair team wins No. 1; Former surgeon general wants healthcare equity
- Tax time offers obstacles and opportunity
- Alvin “Al” Henry remembered; Alice Rains laid to rest
- Entertainment: Ice Cube & Deon Cole co-star in ‘Barbershop’ sequel
- Center Fold: 10 Tips- Get fit & Fine; Take steps to become healthier;
- Support Yates HS School of Communications
- Health: Could you be prone to migraine headaches?
- Forum features Ft. Bend political candidates; Millennials urged to unite on Writer’s Block
- Opinion: What if Trump’s campaign manager was Black?
- Pro & College Sports: Kobe Bryant says goodbye to Houston
- High School Sports: Bellaire’s Baxter leads softball class of 2017
- Top Events: KTSU Meet & Greet; AKA Annual Scholarship Luncheon; Prince Hall Shriners Scholarship Program
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.