- Local Newstalk: Mayor proposes solution to budget shortfall; Deputy recovering from ambush
- National: CBC chair alarmed by missed budget deadline; Supreme Court hears immigration arguments
- Essence names best colleges for Black students; Texas’ gender wage gap costs women $37 billion
- Entertainment: ‘Jungle Book’ new twist on classic film
- Pro & College Sports: Area colleges tune up in spring games
- High School Sports: Worthings’s Jones perseveres for the Colts
- Top Events: Elliott-Chandler Foundation Gala; Chic Children for a Cause; Mayor Visits KIPP Sunnyside
- Financial Special Edition: 5 keys to financial literacy; 5 Tips on shopping for a mortgage; JPMorgan Chase Bank-The pathway to good paying jobs; Make money work: Investment FAQs; Wells Fargo Bank-Keys to retirement: saving early, consistently
- Center Fold: Personal loans 101; Choose the right tools for your financial goals; Is an installment loan for you? Know loan language; About car title loans
- 10 cyber security tips for banking, shopping; Capital One Bank-Using credit wisely; 8 things to know about buying life insurance; Common insurance terms; BB&T Bank- Serving local business communities
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.