- Local Newstalk: HISD narrows search for superintendent to one; TSU president seeks to build legacy
- National: More people charged in Flint water crisis; Black women making history running DNC
- Campus carry triggers concerns
- Entertainment: Emmy nominations show diversity
- Center Fold: Olympic athletics to watch; The eyes of the world will be on Rio
- Pro & College Sports: Texas A&M football prepares for big year
- High School Sports: Super Bowl program gives students prospects
- Take action now to save for your retirement
- Top Events: HHBCUAA 5K Run/Walkathon Fair; Super Bowl Host Committee Presentations; SWAG Achievement Organization Banquet
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.