- Local Newstalk: Millions may now lose overtime pay, raises; ‘Candy Man’ supported through diagnosis
- National: The Trump Impact- Black federal workers could be hurt; ‘Stand Your Ground’ law leads to spike in killings
- Gun sales surge among Blacks, minorities
- Supreme Court hears Texas death penalty case
- Center Fold: Act Now! Open enrollment deadline: Dec 15; Which health insurance marketplace plan is right for you?
- How to choose your 2017 health plan
- Entertainment: Fox political analyst Eboni K. Williams
- DTP Poetry slam showcases youth
- UT fires Charlie Strong, hires UH’s Tom Herman
- Pro & College Sports: Rockets Clint Capela proving himself as a starter
- High School Sports: Little big man of North Shore
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.