- Local Newstalk: Fifth Ward residents oppose batching plant
- National: Michelle Obama: What’s next
- Shell expands community engagement
- Christian book offers daily nuggets
- Entertainment: The “Believe” Interview- Issac Ryan Brown
- Center Fold: Kwanzaa turns 50’ The seven principles of Kwanzaa; Local Kwanzaa Happenings
- The #BuyBlack movement is real
- Four retirement withdrawal strategies
- Pro & College Sports: Lamar Jackson captures the Heisman
- High School Sports: Dynamic duo propels West Orange-Stark
- Top Events: World AIDS Day Luncheon; Blackshear Elementary 100th Year Gala; 15th Annual Jazz Soiree
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.