- Local Newstalk: McDonald’s owner murdered; UH students serve as Leland fellows
- National: Obama delivers last State of the Union
- Ensemble Theatre presents ‘Fences’; Museum hosts exhibit programs
- Entertainment: Rodeo features music’s hottest stars
- Rose becomes Houston Black chamber chair; 10 traits successful business people share
- Health: Black women at higher risk of preeclampsia complications
- Financial tips to follow if you hit the jackpot
- Enjoy health benefits of taking regular walks
- Pro & College Sports: Texans’ season ends with Kansas City loss
- High School Sports: Bellaire guard Evans accepts leadership role
- Top Events: Key Pac Reception; This Woman’s Work Mentor Mixer; TSU Meet & Greet
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.