- UH-Downtown MBA program grows; UT Austin names new CFO
- Local Newstalk: Gene Locke replaces El Franco Lee; Turner names transition team
- National: Changes for U.S. juvenile offenders; Black leaders request meeting with academy
- Entertainment: Image Awards air live on Feb. 5
- Center Fold: Mayor and City Council-How to fix a city problem; Houston’s Leadership; Call 311 for help, info; FAQ
- Beautillion Ball presented by Jack and Jill
- Opinion: Tuning out: Why I will not watch the Oscars
- Pro & College Sports: Mike Davis and TSU basketball keep winning
- High School Sports: Davis serves as court general for Tigers
- Top Events: George Foreman Tribute Dinner; Black Chamber Installation; Houston Cares Honors Heroes
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.