- Local Newstalk: Mayor seeks Justice Dept. investigation; Black gun owners decry racial bias; Black Power forum marks 50th anniversary
- Obama addresses unity in Dallas; ‘State of emergency’ concerns CBC
- Entertainment: Mark Obama Ndesandjo writes about family, famous brother
- Special Reports: A week of tragedy; 11 myths about Black Lives Matter
- Center Fold: Black lives still matter-Activists offer answers to violence, injustice; Solutions to deter police killings; 7 updated civil rights tactics
- Opinion: Understand why our live matter; Blacks deserve respect, police deserve respect
- Rally calls for healing, end to violence
- Pro & College Sports: Rockets prepare players at NBA Summer League
- Top Events: Camp Mike T; Blazers and Bowties Conference; Project Forward Day of Encouragement
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.