- Local Newstalk: Criminal court reform starts controversy; Texas child support overhaul doubles
- National: Black policy makers call historic convention; Cosby’s lawyers give preview of their defense
- Historic church collaboration helps students
- Entertainment: OWN unveils line-up for June
- Center Fold: Black Children face emotional challenges; 10 things about mental health disparities
- Pro & College Sports: Texans come together for OTAs
- High School Sports: Blake Martin helping Deer Park dial perfection
- Houston teen honored for flood relief effort
- Top Events: KIPP Voyage Young Ladies’ Leadership Conference; Mayor Lee P. Brown Book Signing; Branwar Wines & The Space Group Art Tasting
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.