- Local Newstalk: Serial bank robber sought; With $107 mil shortfall HISD delays funding plan
- National: Obama addresses Texas’ voter turnout, leadership; King confirmed as U.S. education secretary
- Entertainment: Terrence J stars in ‘The Perfect Match’
- Walker new GM at KTSU
- Center Fold: The Legacy of student activism; History repeats itself at TSU, PVAMU, UH
- Willowridge students win Algebra 1 Quiz Bowl; Houston reading series features authors
- Filed 2012 taxes? Refund deadline near
- Pro & College Sports: Texans hit grand slam in free agency
- High School Sports: Atascocita boys’ state title bid comes up short
- Top Events: Covenant House Gala; 2016 SWAC Tournament; Deanna Laster & Rare Pearls Fashion Show
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.