- Local Newstalk: Lane named finalist for TSU president; SHAPE raising funds for annual Freedom Tour
- National: Black Lives Matter- Feds indict officer in Scott death; Baltimore police on trial for Freddie Gray’s death; Zimmerman auctions gun that killed Trayvon Martin
- ‘Apprentice’ winner speaks out about Trump
- Entertainment: ‘Sisters in Law’ hold court on WE
- Center Fold: 10 things graduates should know; 10 financial tips for grads
- Business: Tips for hiring a summer intern
- Court school finance ruling ‘disappointing; School named Lawson despite controversy
- Pro & College Sports: NBA’s final four vie for conference wins
- High School Sports: Texas state track meet sizzles despite rain
- Opinion: A misstep and a reset: Kudos, Obama!
- Top Events: HISD Hosts HBCU Summit; Verizon Minority Males Stem Program; ATLF Scholarship Awards Dinner
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.