- Local Newstalk: County commissioners race heating up
- National: Overtime pay rules benefit U.S. workers
- Houstonians get financially fit with Debt Boot Camp
- Entertainment: Taylor hosts cyber concert
- HISD honors Educators of the Year
- Center Fold: 2016 State Of Black America; National Urban League releases annual report; Modern-day segregation in public schools
- Opinion: Bernie and duh Donald: Angry white men
- Professor Eddie Glaude talks race relations
- Pro & College Sports: UH Cougar track dominant again
- High School Sports: Pearland’s Stewart has sights on state
- Texas jails a death sentence for Blacks?
- Top Events: Teal Scholarship Fund Reception; The Menninger Clinic Annual Luncheon; Alief End of School Year Celebration
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.