- Local Newstalk: HPD body cams scrutinized
- National: Donald Trump’s 10 point plan for Black America
- Opinion: Trump won, but white supremacy won’t
- Ruth Negga: The ‘Loving’ interview
- Entertainment: ‘Almost Christmas’ hopes to make holiday magic, Ensemble salutes Texas playwrights
- Health-Defender Special Edition: 10 things about the digestive system
- Tummy aches: What parents should know
- Common gastrointestinal disorders
- Memorial Hermann-Seminars will discuss Advantage plans, benefits; Texas Children’s Hospital-Colds versus allergies; Include more fruits, vegetables in your child’s diet
- Center Fold: About gastrointestinal cancer; Clearing up the facts about colonoscopies
- MD Anderson- It was her dream to compete in an Ironman triathlon; Five ways to persuade a picky eater; Lower the risks of contracting food poisoning; Houston Health Department- Game-changing HIV prevention drug PrEP now available; Kelsey-Seybold-What you should know about lupus
- Standardized tests cause Black concern
- Pro & College Sports: SWAC Championship matchup coming into focus
- High School Sports: Marshall QB Jabari James is a true double threat
- Could Hillary Clinton still be president?
- Kamala Harris may become the first female president
- Top Events: Harvest The Block: Farmer’s Market; Houston Salutes American Heroes Veterans Day Celebration; Sisters in Power
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.