- Local Newstalk: PV student in blackface ignites controversy; Group wants class action lawsuit against Quanell X
- National: Obama reveals five days that shaped presidency
- McDonald’s owner receives recognition; TSU students win 1st in competition
- Entertainment: Amazing 102.5 FM informs, inspires
- Birth of a filmmaker: Nate Parker speaks out
- Center Fold: Re-birth of a nation; Question: Who is Nat Turner?
- Commentary: Get the facts about voter ID law
- Pro & College Sports: Cy-Fair’s Ogwumike becomes WNBA MVP
- High School Sports: Yates on the rise to face old rivals
- Supreme Court won’t review athletes’ case
- Top Events: Top Ladies HBCU Gala; Morning Show Meet and Greet; Rice Black Alumni Gala
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.