- Local Newstalk: PVAMU got paid despite loss to A&M; Original French’s to close, relocate
- National: School police officers urged to use caution; HBCUs see enrollment rise amid racial tension
- Myths about buying a home: Know the truth
- Entertainment: Morris Chestnut on life, latest offering
- UH sees record enrollment, diverse makeup
- Opinion: New national museum tells America’s story
- Pro & College Sports: Whitney Mercilus Texans’ next big star
- High School Sports: Donald Harper leading youth movement at SFA
- Disparities in DPS searches explored
- Top Events: Al Jarreau Induction Ceremony; Night of Superstars Gala; Houston Professional Hang Out
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.