- President Obama’s second term: President returns to his base; Excerpts from inaugural address
- Community wants HPD investigated
- Port Commission chair makes history
- Gun control plan draws fire
- Former New Orleans Mayor indicted
- Dick Gregory calls Spike Lee ‘thug’
- Entertainment: Meagan Good goes undercover in ‘Deception’
- Pro-Sports and College Sport: Ravens, 49ers set for Super Bowl
- High School Sports: Bellaire’s Kramer always optimistic
- Chag’s Place: Alley Theatre, Groove Phi Groove, The Houston Arts Alliance Folklife and Traditional Arts Program
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.