- Special Edition: Our Children’s Health
- Nutrition: Making schools safer for children with food allergies; Eating more vegetables
- Preventive Health: E-cigarettes-Why caution is warranted; If you smoke, your baby smokes too; Asthma
- Sports: Concussions-A silent epidemic among our children; New concussion testing helps athletes; Building stronger bodies; Avoid body overheating
- Access to care: EC vs UC (Emergency Care vs. Urgent Care)
- Behavior: Children with ADHD-Ensure back-to-school success; Bullying; Bedwetting; Sleep schedules improve classroom performance; Is my child too shy?
- Adolescence: Puberty
- FYI: Helpful websites & resources; Calendar
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.